June 7, 2012

Favorite Quotes

So I didn't get my next project completed in time for today's post...  I know, don't be mad.  So instead you get to read some of my favorite quotes I memorized when I was 14.   I warned you I was weird.



I love this one.

The Victor

by: C. W. Longenecker

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win but think you can't,
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost.
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are out classed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of your-self before
You can ever win the prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can. 

And this one.

Be the Change You Want To See 

 

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world;

As I grew older and wiser I realized the world would not change
And I decided to shorten my sights somewhat
and change only my country.
But it seemed immovable.

As I entered my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, 
I sought to change only my family, those closest to me,
but alas they would have none of it.

And now here I lie on my death bed and realize
(perhaps for the first time) that if only 
I'd changed myself first, then by example,
I may have influenced my family and with their
encouragement and support I may have bettered my county,
and who knows,
I may have changed the world.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Okay and this one.

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change

2 comments:

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Beautiful quotes!!! I love reading good quotes they can add such a good view on life.

Tiffany said...

Hahaha I remember those! Although The Victor is slightly different than I remember but I often think of that one. You are so weird ;)

01 09 10