August 8, 2012

An evening at the park











Yesterday evening I wanted to get out of the house and do something fun, so I took the boys to the park while Evan was in a meeting. They had a blast. As soon as we drove up to the park, Nixon screamed with excitement and said "I see the slide!"  It was fun to get out and do something different. We really haven't been to the park a lot because it's just way too hot here during the summer. Water has to be involved if we are going to be outside. Always. But since we went in the evening the hot summer air was bearable. While the boys were busy playing, I was busy thinking. You see, I do a lot of thinking, I think a lot more then I talk. Evan is more of the talker between the two of us.  Anyways I started thinking about how bad I am sometimes with just living in the moment. A lot of times I'm thinking about the future and the next big thing. I don't think it's bad to have a plan for the future, but things can change, and moments right in front of you can be over looked if you get too caught up in it. I just have to remind myself often that those things will come when they come, and that I should  focus on the here and now. Anyways that's all. Here is an awesome quote from a book I'm reading. 
"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand".  -Thomas Carlyle


Starting now, I am going to try and complete 50 projects before the end of the year.  Think I can do it? 

Project #1
Rolled in paint flower pots.

1 comment:

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

I like your plan! I am so the same way; I'm always thinking about the future and I always catch myself thinking "Things will be so perfect when...." I'm constantly having to remind myself to just enjoy NOW.
btw, your kids are adorable!!

01 09 10