October 5, 2012

October Festivities

Halloween Sugar Cookies



Pumpkin Painting





I have always loved this time of year. The weather is cooler, you get to bundle up and sip on hot cocoa, no one questions why your house always smells like apple cinnamon or pumpkin pie. Because it can. Everyone starts pulling out all the decorations a month in advance. It's great!  But now that I have children of my own, I love the holidays even more. There is nothing better then watching your children light up with excitement even over the smallest things. I'm sure you Mom's would agree. 

The other day, my friends Lindsy and Jamie, and my Sister Chantelle came over to join us for some cookie making and pumpkin painting. Between Lindsy, Jamie and I, we each have two boys each, so that makes six little boys all under the age of three! They all have so much fun together. 

And then we have Chantelle's little girl, Haiven, who is the only little girl in the group. I'm sure she loves it though.

The kids all had fun playing in the ball pit, decorating and eating cookies (mostly eating), and getting messy by painting the pumpkins. Some of them even decided to paint their hair. Thank goodness for kids washable paints.

By the end of it all, they were all pretty sticky and messy, so we just went in the backyard and sprayed them down with the hose. I almost think this was the most fun of the day for them. They loved it. 
We have a lot more fun holiday activities that I can't wait to share! 

Happy Weekend

Mmm best kisses in town!

No comments:

01 09 10