June 5, 2012

Ombre Nails & A Minute in Paradise



Yesterday during nap time, I decided I wanted to paint my nails.  I couldn't decided between two colors so I decided to use them both.  I've seen the Ombre done before on nails and loved it!  So I thought I'd give it a try.  It was a lot easier then I thought.  The trick was to do one nail at a time so that you could mix the colors before they dried.  You should give it a try!  




A minute in paradise...

Last night after I got the boys all tucked in and the house put back together, I decided it would be nice to take a nice relaxing bath.  I turned on the water put on Norah Jones and dimmed the lights.  I threw in a bath bomb (that I am so obsessed with right now), turned on the jets and climbed into the tub.  I laid my head back, inhaled deeply, then shut my eyes and drifted off into paradise. 
That moment seemed almost too perfect.  I started waiting for something to interrupt me. I then couldn't relax because I thought for sure one of the boys would yell for me through the baby monitor.  So I started staring at the thing just waiting for one of the boys to yell, "Mamma!". Then I remembered that I had left the whites in the washer and they needed to be put in the the dryer.  I also remembered the internet bill was due the day before, oops, and that I needed to pay it asap.  Then I looked at my toes and thought, "I really need to paint you"  Then I started thinking, "what color I should paint them"?  Then I looked at the clock and realized how late it was getting and thought I should probably go to bed.  
Well at least I had one minute in paradise.

No comments:

01 09 10