July 12, 2012

Lunch Date

This little stinker would not go to bed last night! I don't know what his deal was, he was as hyper as a chimpanzee.  So he got to help me catch up on much needed housework. Things like dishes, laundry, and picking up toys. The cleaning process went something like this: I folded the laundry, Jovi ran all over it. I loaded the dishwasher, Jovi unloaded the dishes that I had just loaded. I picked up the toys and put them in the basket, Jovi pulled the toys back out of the basket. Pretty much with Jovi's help, it doubled the cleaning process last night.  But don't get me wrong, I really do love hanging out with my little monkey.  He really was being so silly last night and would love it when I laughed with him.  He's such a happy baby boy.  
 
Yesterday, the Hubs and I went out to lunch (just the two of us.) It was really quite strange and we didn't really know what to do with ourselves. It wasn't our typical eating out experience. We actually left the restaurant in better condition then when we came. Okay I'm exaggerating a bit.., we really did had a fun time just the two of us.

He could tell something had been on my mind and asked what was up.  Which I was glad he did because I had been wanting to ask him about it. (Not only is he a great Husband but he's also a great therapist too.) Anyways, so my question to him was, "what do you think I need to do to improve my blog?" I know it needs a lot of improvement and I'm always looking for ways to improve myself.  His advice was, to continue doing projects like I have been but also mix it up with some life experiences, like I used to when I first started blogging.  Try to open up more and let people get to know you. Me? Ummm no thanks, people don't really want to get to know me.  The reason I stopped blogging about my life is because I didn't want to bore people with my boring life stories.  Evan assured me that my life isn't so boring and maybe there are some people who would like to hear about your so-called boring life.  Also It would be fun to look back on and read to the boys when they're older, he said.

Well when you put it like that, I really do like telling stories about the boys and writing about them. But writing about me? Not so much.  I used to be really good at keeping a journal and would write in it every night. But lately, I haven't been so good at that. So maybe mixing in life experiences along with my projects could be a good thing, right? I wouldn't have to do as many project posts throughout the week, which I am not too upset about, because it will give me more time to focus on the boys and being a Mama. Because let me tell you, trying to do a project everyday can wipe a poor Mama out!  Anyways I'm done rambling now. Just tell me to stop.  Here's to life and blogging.


xoXox
--------------

2 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

I have to agree that people love getting to know you. Thanks so much for visiting and following my blog. I am now following you back.
Hugs,
Laura

renae said...

Ah, I know Laura above. She is great, good call. Sometime kids are just bread to drive us nuts!!!

01 09 10